We download more or less program every day. An Internet user downloads a lot every day, be it software programs, media files, game files, and other documents. When we download something, it is located in the default download folder of your operating drive. It’s called “Local Disk(C)” or C drive. It is a by default download place in the C drive. Whatever, when you download in windows it is naturally stored in the default downloads folder. But, it is possible to move downloads folder to another drive from the old location to the new location.
If you know the process, so it is a great system for you to find your download file quickly. But there is a problem, especially if you download files regularly and don’t clean up, However, these files occupy a lot of space on the (C drive), over time. Basically, you should move your file C drive to other drives. It will be a great option for you to move the downloads folder to another drive on Windows 10/8/7.
If you do not clean the download folder regularly, it occupies a lot of space, especially on the C drive, and also shows a low disk space alert. Remember, when you reboot Windows due to any problems then you can lose all files from the default download folder. To about this issue, you can move the downloads folder to another drive on Windows 10/8/7. It is certain that, after moving the downloads folder your “(C drive) not occupy any extra space.
In this article, I will show you how to move the downloads folder to another Drive on Windows 10/8/7. So, read the full article to get more information about the move to download folder to another drive. You also read how to fix antimalware service executable high CPU usage windows 10.
Why Should You Change the Default Download Location in Windows 10? (Advantage of Move Downloads Folder to Another Drive)
After moving the download folder from (C Drive) to another drive you will get many benefits. Here we will mention some important benefits that are helpful for you.
- When you download lots of files, programs, documents, pictures then it occupies much space. As a result, your computer can be slow on the other hand if you move download files to another drive from (C drive). I can say, you will get rid of the slow speed of your computer.
- Since the downloaded files are stored on another drive, it does not take up much space on your C drive.
- You can access your downloaded files after dual boot.
- After new booting on your computer also, you will get access to your download files.
- By moving your downloaded files from the C drive, you can easily find them if you put them in the drive you want.
Follow These Steps From Here to Move Downloads Folder to Another Drive Successfully
Now we are going to share with you how to move the download folder to another drive. Here are some steps to complete the process. I request you giving attention to this section to learn how to move the download folder to another drive. So, lets’ get started.
- First of all, before moving the download folder you have to create a new folder in other drives. Suppose you want to move the download folder in the (drive D).
- Now go to Drive (D) and create a new folder called Download. To find Drive (D) easily you can use run windows.
- Create a new folder by fowling these steps: go to the folder which Driver you want to move the download file. Supposed, you will put your download folder from the old location to the new location Drive (D). Now right-click on mouse then select “New>Folder automatically will be created a new folder. Now name the new folder as (Download) by using rename option. Also, you can use a simple method to create a new folder (ctrl+shift+N). Besides, you can use any name you like.
- After creating the new folder and then right-click on the original download folder under the quick access and then select go to properties option.
- From the properties, Windows go to the “tab on Location” option and then click on the “Move” option.
- When you click on the move option then select a destination. In that case, you have to select the folder you created earlier. And then tap on the select folder.
- Next, your newly created folder will be added to the properties. After that, tap on the “Apply” and “OK” options to save changes.
- You will be asked if you want to move all the files from the old location to the new location. Click “Yes” to continue.
- As possible as, after a click on the “Yes” option all files will be moved from the old location to the new location folder. After several seconds notices the folder icon, it will change automatically. It is the new default folder to store your all download files.
- That’s it. From now on your all download files will be stored automatically in the new location folder (Drive D). You can access easily the new download folder location from my computer/Home.
Check Please: How To Open Multiple File Explorer in Windows 10.
I hope you will be able to move your all download file from the old location to the new location. I recommend you move the download folder to another drive on Windows 10. You can also use the exact technique to Move Downloads Folder to Another Drive on windows 8/8.1/7 and laptop computer. If you like the article you can check also how to limit the download speed of Epic Game Launcher. Don’t forget to share your opinion about this article. You also know this article is helpful or not and then share the post if you think it is helpful for your friends.